Sunday, December 23, 2007

I'm dreaming of a.......

Warm and Sunny Christmas!! Ok so seriously we got nearly a foot of snow last night. Couple that with winds just like Minot and the weather sucks!! I was hoping that by leaving Minot for Christmas we would at least escape some of the nastiness of winter...however I was WRONG! The wind and snow is so nasty that it has drifted the roads shut so no one is getting in or out of the farm today. Thankfully we have pretty much everything we need!
Kayla and I ventured out in it earlier tonight to go down to the barn while the guys were milking. She absolutely loves everything about the barn and really gets a kick out of being down there while they milk. Tonight she helped let the "Ladies" as she calls them in and out of their milking stalls. She got to meet a set of twin calves that are just a few days old. And of course no trip to the farm would be complete without chasing down nasty in-bred farm cats. She is convinced that when they walk away it is due to the fact that "they miss their family and just want to go see their brothers and sisters" Go figure...

I hope everyone is having a good weekend and getting ready for Christmas. In the words of Kayla... "Merry Christmas everyone....I just think we have to open presents now!"

0 comments: