Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Kayla!

I tell ya, I don't know where time goes, but it flies! Today, my little girl turned 4! I still am having a hard time believing that I am the mother of a 4 year old! It seems like just yesterday that she was a little newborn and Adam and I were still trying to figure out the whole "parenting" thing!

This is a photo of Kayla when she was a day old. Such a little baby (especially in comparison to the brother that would come along 18 months later!)

Here is the big girl tonight ready to blow out the candles on her cake! In tribute to her birthday here are a few things about Miss K:

- She is the absolute girliest little girl that you will ever meet! She wears so much pink and red that I have an entire load of those colors each week!

- She is so compassionate and loving towards everyone. It made me smile at Preschool Parent/Teacher conferences to hear that she would make a point of playing with the kids that no one else wanted to play with, and that she is always the first to get to someone who is hurt to make sure that they are ok.

- She is such a great example for her brother! For the most part too, she is very patient with him and tries to teach him right from wrong.

- She is so dang smart!!! I swear her vocabulary astounds me everyday, and I can't believe some of the conversations that we have!

- Her favorite thing in life is to learn, and she can't get enough of it!

- She has become very money savy....which I am sure is due in part to saving up for our big Disney World trip this winter!

- She loves to curl up on the couch and cuddle...which her daddy and I absolutely enjoy!

- She handles change so easily....which is good since we moved 3 times in the last year!


Here is a photo of the birthday cake that I made for her...I am a big fan of homemade cakes because there is so much more thought and love behind them.

Tradition in our house is for the birthday girl/boy to choose breakfast. Kayla chose breakfast tacos!

I'm not sure how he did it, but he managed to eat most of his taco this way!


Time to open her present from Grammy and Papa Heitmeier

Such a cutie!

Wearing her green dress from Grammy and Papa Lange...I didn't get a photo of her with her Mary Moo figurine though....She chose to eat at Chuck E Cheese for her birthday.

Riding a ride at Chuck E Cheese.

She loved this horse ride
Time for Adam and Carter to play some Air Hockey
For cake time we all had a small frosting fight!

What a pair of cuties :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLA!

1 comments:

Soli Deo Gloria said...

What a fancy cake!Great job! I vote for homemade cakes too :)
I can't believe she's such a big girl already!
~J