Friday, April 3, 2009

The new love in my life...

Before you even think it, no I don't have a boyfriend on the side :) I do however have a new love in life and in my kitchen....


My new cast iron skillet! I love this thing! I cannot get enough of cooking with it. I have even been able to push off getting a new grill because this thing does such a wonderful job! I actually got an awesome deal on it at the Williams/Sonoma Outlet store here (another new love of mine!). So what I am trying to say here is if you do not own a cast iron skillet you are definitely missing out and should probably go out today and buy one...It's well worth it!!!

Also I promise that more house photos are coming soon...Adam assures me that we are "working" on the office this weekend....and then I assured him that if it isn't done by the time we go to bed Sunday night, that I will be unpacking it on Monday :) I love my pack-rat husband, just not the pack-rat portion.....







1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have several cast iron skillets and they are great. I've been able to find them for cheap at thrift stores. I have an apple pancake recipe that is cooked in a cast iron skillet and it's delicious.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1823358

I use 2 or 3 real eggs instead of the egg substitute in the recipe.