Sunday, July 19, 2009

6 years

6 years ago today, Adam and I were in Las Vegas....why were we there you might ask? To get married :) You see, we had just gotten engaged the month before, and in that short amount of time the AF informed us that if we didn't get married very soon (instead of the next year when we planned to) that we would probably not be stationed together our first few years on Active Duty. Well that was pretty much unacceptable to me so off to Vegas we went :)

We kept everything low key (to the point that no one knew) mainly because we were only doing it for the AF and still planned to have a wedding the next year. We stayed at the Stardust (which doesn't exist anymore) and had a limo take us to the chapel.

We got married at the Little White Wedding Chapel, which is actually a fairly famous one (lots of celebs have gotten married there). The best part was that the wedding and marriage license together cost a whopping $125....wouldn't it be nice if all weddings were that cheap :)

We don't have any photos from the actual ceremony because I didn't want to pay the big fee to the chapel. We only have a small collection of photos that I had taken with our disposable camera and then scanned. The photo above is of us right after we returned to our hotel from getting married.

Time to celebrate in our room before heading out for dinner :)

I still can't believe that we have been married for 6 years! Time flies when you are having fun :) So Happy Anniversary sweetie and here's to many many many more years to come!

4 comments:

Lingars 2 said...

Happy Anniversary! Time sure does fly, huh? At least he's at home for this one. :) I hope y'all had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! We celebrated six years in February. I still can't believe it's been that long!

Stacy said...

I agree! It still blows my mind that I have been married this long :)

Lynette said...

I'm wishing you Happy Anniversary late...but hope you two were able to sneak away to celebrate...fun to hear your story and see the pics!