I promise that we are all still here. We have been pretty busy with things lately, just not anything that is blog-worthy :) I spent 4 days at the end of July in Colorado Springs for a conference at the Air Force Academy. The break was wonderful and I sure do miss the amazing mountain air and cooler temperatures! The fall admissions cycle is in full swing with the Academy, and that means that I am staying pretty busy contacting students who are applying and conducting interviews. I also serve as a means to help them navigate the admissions process, so I stay rather busy on the phone. In the times I have free I have been going to the gym alot and trying to get alot of scrapbooking done. I am supposed to be starting work here soon, but that is a whole long story that I don't want to bore anyone with.... I am still selling scentsy, and am really trying to get my business going with that. It' s a wonderful product, and I am hoping I can really make a go of it here in San Antonio, and on my website www.scentsy.com/slange
Adam is doing good, still working his crazy shift, but we are hoping that that will end soon. He took a certification class last week and managed to score a 100% on the test, which is very very rare! As an incentive for doing so great, his instructor and his wife are taking Adam and I out for dinner one night in the coming weeks. Yum!
The kids are still crazy as usual :) Carter is refusing to potty train still, but we are persistant, and hopefully it pays off soon! Potty training aside, he is a great kid! He is so willing to please us that is cracks me up. When I yell upstairs in the morning that it is time to wake up he comes running to the top of the stairs and yells "Here I am mommy!!!" Now Kayla on the other hand can be heard grumbling and complaining in the background about how she doesn't want to get up, it's still dark out, she's too tired etc etc etc
Speaking of Kayla.....we are going thru a bit of a difficult phase with her. Adam has been told that some cultures describe this time as the Angry 4's. She is always yelling at someone, or pouting or lying. We are working diligently to change this behavior as it is unacceptable. I just remind myself daily to have patience!
Other than that, we just try and stay inside and keep cool (today will be the 39th day in a row of 100+ degree temps!) Oh and we are counting down the days to our Disney trip!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment