So for those of you that I don't talk to on a regular basis, here is an update of how things have been going......
The kids and I are now 1 month away from the movers being here to pack up our house. I am slowly starting to organize everything in the house. As I go thru rooms I have to decide what to throw out, what to donate/sell at a garage sale, take to Iowa, and what to put in storage. We will be moving what we need for about 8 months with us to Iowa and the rest will be packed up and put in storage by the military.
We are hoping to head out for Iowa the morning of May 16th (keep your fingers crossed!) My sister and brother-in-law are coming in to town the Wed of that week to help me finish things up and to drive back with us. It will be nice to have a few extra hands around the house!
Kayla has her 3rd birthday this coming Sunday. We are having a birthday party for her at the bowling alley on base on Friday. Then on Sunday, Julie and I are taking Kayla and Claire out for a girls day. We are going to the Lion King which is being put on by a local dance studio, and then out for a nice birthday dinner. Kayla just finished swim lessons and can't wait to start them again this summer.
Carter is talking so well already, just like Kayla did at this age. He loves to walk around singing his ABC's and he sounds so sweet and cute when he does it. The thudguard has done wonders for us! Every morning he brings it to me to put on, because he finally realized that it no longer hurts when he falls with it on. In fact when he takes it off and falls he comes crying to me saying "Hat Hat Hat!!" and realizes he needs to put it back on. He wears it so much that we actually stripped the velcro, but the company is being wonderful and replacing it for free!! Otherwise, he is growing like a weed! One of his favorite things to do at night is to look at photos of Adam and just yell "DADDY!!! HI DADDY!" He could care less about anyone else in the photos...just daddy!
And speaking of daddy...Adam is doing really good and loving all of the experiences he is getting during his deployment. He has been able to do a ton of traveling and has seen some really amazing things! This deployment has provided him with alot of opportunities that a typical deployment wouldn't. He his hoping to get a TDY back to the states for a 1 week class at the beginning of June and the kids and I will fly to meet him wherever he is.
I guess that leaves me :) I have been keeping myself very busy lately! I still work every Tuesday at the base Thrift Store, which I really enjoy (and it lets me get really good clothes for the kids dirt cheap!) I have about a month left as the OSC president on base, and I am really looking forward to less responsibility! I have been working really hard to lose weight since Adam left, and am down about 10lbs since January...I still would like to lose another 20, but I am working on it!
Otherwise, I think that's about it for all of us! I hope everyone is having a good spring, we are definitely enjoying the wonderfully warm weather this week! Take care and hopefully we can see you all soon!
peach cobbler loaf
2 weeks ago



1 comments:
Wow! You've got alot going on! And you're moving off Coral Ct... :)
Post a Comment