Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Another Vacation Update

I promise that I have not forgotten about all of you! We are still in San Antonio...the kids and I had decided a long time ago that after Adam left we wanted to stay a few days with a very good friend of mine whose husband is also gone. Since I couldn't buy plane tickets until 2 weeks before we flew we were really limited on flights and are actually staying with my friend for a little over a week because that was the earliest they could get us a flight home.

Adam left on Sunday to head back and while we were all very sad, we will hopefully see him in Sept for 2 weeks for his R&R break (where we get him all day and he doesn't have to go to class etc!). The kids are having a blast here making new friends and getting to see all sorts of things. Last week before Adam left we spent a day down at the Riverwalk which was alot of fun, and it is beautiful! We took the little boat ride with the kids and they loved it. Then on Saturday we took the kids to Sea World for the day. I truly think Kayla was in heaven! We sat down in front for the Shamu show and he got her wet with his tail splashing and she loved it! Sea World is definitely a place we will frequent when we move down here!

Since Adam left, we have spent some much needed down time relaxing around the house and also doing shopping at an amazing Outlet mall north of San Antonio. In the next few days we are going to take it easy and let the kids just play. I have eaten at lots of good restraunts since we have been here (I know all of you in Minot are jealous!)

Otherwise nothing terribly new. I promise that next week when we get home I post a bunch of photos from our trip for everyone.

Take care and if you are in Iowa..stay dry!!!

0 comments: