I know I know, I haven't blogged in like a week! But to be honest, I really haven't had much to blog about! I have spent the last week really working hard to finish unpacking and organizing all of our stuff here (which is no easy feat since we don't have all of our stuff and this is a temporary situation). I have to say though, that I have succeeded, and am all unpacked (ok with the exception of those random items I am storing in tubs that I may need randomly).
On Wednesday the kids and I are off for our monthly visit to the farm and Adam's family. I am working really hard to spend a week each month with them so that they get to take advantage of us living so close. This month it works out well that we are getting a week and a half up there. Next month (keep your fingers crossed) Adam will be back for his R&R for 2 weeks and we will spend the overwhelming majority of the time with his family.
Most of you know that Kayla starts preschool this fall. Well I have pretty much dressed my children in clothes courtesy of thrift stores since they were old enough to make a mess. Well I decided that starting school meant Kayla deserved some brand spanking new clothes! My mom and I made a whole girls day out of it (oh and it helped that it was Iowa's sales tax free day!) and we took Kayla shopping. She had a blast that day and got some awesome clothes. Below are some photos of her modeling a few of the outfits as well as photos of her room, which is 99% finished decorating (missing her flower coat hooks that I painted for her, and the blinds for her window). Here she is playing dress-up with the boys...sometimes she even cons them into wearing dresses!
This was her favorite outfit of the day from shopping...and yes it even spins!!
Here is one of mommy's favorite outfits! She looks so cute in pink! And yes for those of you paying attention..KAYLA IS WEARING PANTS!! This was no small feat either! It took some convincing on my part that it is ok to wear pants...I just had to get her shirts that spin to replace the dresses...but don't kid yourself, she still got way more dresses for school than anything else!
This is mommy's absolute favorite outfit!!! I told Adam we may have to send her to private school so I can dress her like this everyday!
She loves the fact that she can wear this as a dress or a shirt...it baffled her at first though...we also got her a cute pair of leggings to wear with it too.
Here is the new solution to storage in her bedroom. I got this cube system at Target for $24!!! I love that I can build it to suit my needs. She loves that all of her stuff is on display!
Here is her big girl bed with the bedding she got for her birthday this year. Mommy and Aunt Jackie painted the letters on her wall.
Finally, her messy closet! We are waiting on Uncle Adam to finish the shelf for her closet so that her baskets of undies and pj's has something to sit on (and then the boys can stay out of it!)
So there you have a glimpse into the life of my ultra-girly girl!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment