Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Garden Update...If you care :)

Well our "garden" seems to be coming along pretty well. I have to say that I am impressed with how it has done since we have had so little rain around here. To top it off, I guess this has been one of the hottest Mays that they have ever had here in Texas.

Here is one of my little helpers watering one of the plants in our backyard. He loves to fill up the watering can and water all of the big plants in the yard.

Here is the lone tomatoe on the topsy turvy plant...yes I know the leaves look like they are dying...oh and I really don't think this tomato is ever going to ripen :(

The unknown plant....any gardeners out there have an idea of what it is???

Some green bean plants that got a late start...

Our other tomato plant...we have alot of tomatoes on it, so keep your fingers crossed that they come out ok.

One of the bell pepper plants....it's hard to tell because my camera sucks, but there are a ton of pepper buds on the plant.

Adam's beloved jalapeno plant :) There are about 10 peppers growing on it right now.

More jalapenos....

Here is our biggest surprise! This is the cantelope plant that we were sure would probably die....this is actually only half of it because my wonderful son tore the other half out of the dirt. I can't believe how big this is getting. There are about 5 buds showing up so far on it.

My green beans are doing awesome! The only problem right now is the aphids that I am working to get rid of.

The bug spray that claimed that it was good for ALL garden vegetables seems to have killed my poor pea plants :( I am a little upset about that too because they were doing so good! Oh well....we'll plant more this fall.....

0 comments: