Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Homemade Bread

Ok, in case you hadn't heard, I have developed an obsession with homemade bread. For starters it is WAY cheaper than buying it in the store, and there is something to be said for eating fresh from the oven bread with dinner! In the last few weeks I have come upon a few new bread recipes that are amazing! So I thought that I would share the links to them with you all!

I use my bread machine just to make the dough, and then I bake them in the oven.

The first recipe is for Artisan Bread (perfect for soups, pastas etc). The recipe makes enough for 4 loaves. You can either make1 loaf and refrigerate the dough for up to a week (it gets better and better each day) or you can separate it into 4 loaves and freeze the dough, then thaw it in the fridge when you are ready to make it.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/Artisan-Bread-In-Five-Minutes-A-Day.aspx
(Thanks Heather for the link!)


The second recipe is for homemade Hamburger Buns. Adam says that they are the best buns he has ever had, and will not let me buy buns anymore! They are good with burgers, hot turkey sandwiches, lunchmeat, bbq etc etc etc. They are super easy to make as well!

http://www.recipezaar.com/Homemade-Hamburger-Buns-Bread-Machine-80413


So enjoy the recipes and let me know how they work out for you!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of my friends use the Artisan bread recipe for just about everything. Buns, rolls, tortillas...

Here's a food blog that you'll like:
http://iowacorndog.blogspot.com/